2009-05-08

My Husband Rocks!!

I started reading this other blog called Love, Actually. I….well, I…..Love it. Sorry to be so cliché.

But Cher has such cool ideas for rocking the romance in your relationship and doing it on a budget at the same time. (and I’m not talking the sexual side of it…I can take care of that.) Go on…check it out and tell me that you’re not inspired to do something simply romantic for your significant other.

Anyway, she does a post on Fridays called “MHR: My Husband Rocks” Fridays. (It was actually started by someone else, but I read about it on Cher’s blog, so I’ll give her the credit.) Oftentimes, we don’t tell the most important person in our lives how incredibly much we appreciate them…I know I don’t. Just ask Chuck, he’ll tell you.

But, my husband does rock. Here’s the reasons he rocks this week:
**Last night he made hamburgers on the grill…with grilled buns!...and put worchestershire sauce in the meat because he knows I love it like that. He made the burgers because I said how incredibly good it sounded since the weather is getting warmer.

**After dinner, he got the kids to pick up the yard while I took care of the paperwork side of my party tonight, and then took us in the big truck to get ice cream.

**He’s watching the kids tonight while I go do a Pure Romance party for a good friend of mine. And will finish wrapping a couple of the presents for the kids’ birthday party tomorrow.

**Chuck will be a hands-on dad tomorrow at the birthday party and help with every aspect of it, because that’s just how he rolls.

**He buys me Mt. Dew at the store without me having to ask him to do it. (I’m surprised at how many husbands will go to the store for something and not even ASK their wives if they want something…or just know to bring back their fave pop or snack!)

**Chuck has come up and seen me on his break every day this week. And even after 12 years of being together, I still feel that flutter of excitement in my chest when I see him standing behind me.

I love you babe. Even if you don’t ever comment on my blog. ;)

If you love your significant other, spread the word…do a MHR post and leave me a comment so I can come and read your reasons! v

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! Of course I think my daughter is pretty cute too! Small world that we only live like 20 minutes apart. Nice to meet you! Wendy

CandiceR said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your comments. I love the look of your blog. Black and pink is my fave.

Cher said...

heeey! Thanks for the linky "love" -- actually, I really hate saying those two words together (they make me cringe) but, they work, so what the heck -- Anyway...loved reading your post! 12 years, wow. sounsd like an eternity to me...I'm working on 4!! :) Sounds like you've got yourself a terrific husband!

Taryn Zerner said...

I love this blogger too! Cher is great, and she's hopped over to my blog to say some sweet comments before! Great post. Your husband sounds like a doll!

I saw that today is your daughter's 2nd birthday on 'roll call' this morning at SITS. Today is my daughter's 7th birthday! (She's actually a chocolate cocker spaniel, but I consider her my daughter!) :)

I hope your daughter enjoys her day. I also hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Lisa!

Love,
Taryn

Ronnica said...

Sounds like you've got a good one!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Cute blog! Scandalous and I like it :) I love Cher from Love, Actually!! She actually won a giveaway from me a few eeks back. What great idea huh? And don't worry, my soon-to-be-hubby NEVER comments on my blog let alone visits in on a semi-regular basis! That's what us Sitsas are for though :) See you around!! xo

Rachel said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

Your husband sounds like quite the keeper! My husband goes in spurts, but he's been on his best behavior recently. I've been meaning to leave the blog "Love Actually" minimized on my computer for him to "accidentally" stumble across. I might have to leave your latest post minimized, as well!

LeahKStevenson said...

I totally did one of these a few months ago! Inspired by a friend, I shared why/how I love my husband going all the way back to a list I made when I was about 15 of "things I want in a guy". Fun!

Scott Franson Photography said...

YOu have a great blog, love the way you write.
Claudia at Claudia’s Irish Eyes
claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Почему регистрация не работает ?

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates